President George W. Bush

President George W. Bush

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Why do we call the play "I"?

"I" of course, stands for impeachment. But more importantly, it is the personal pronoun that refers to each one of us. And unless each of us puts pressure on Congress to impeach President Bush, it just won't happen. As Bush states in the play: "450,000 telegrams told President Nixon he was wrong. 2,000,000 phone calls demanded action. No one's contacted me except Jenna to tell me she was getting married."

Not only has Bush committed impeachable crimes; not only has Congress been complicit; but you and I, unless we put pressure on Congress, will bear the ultimate blame. The only way Congress will act is if we make them. That's the purpose of "I" -- to create such a groundswell of publicity that they must act or risk getting humiliated, or even voted out of office for failing to heed the will of all the "I's" in America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you support the effort to remove Pelosi as Speaker, to make way for impeachment? ( Details: Effort to remove Pelosi, precedents, and other links )